Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Unexpected

For these few weeks, my life has been a total crap revolving around only revising tedious notes and going to lectures every morning.

Today is somehow special. Two surprises put a smile on my face.

~ Lecture Hall - 9am - Waiting for lecturer ~

In front of everybody, a guy in suits with bow tie kneeled down and proposed to a girl ! With the guy holding a ring in his hand and waited on his knee, the girl slowly walked down from the staircase and agreed to marry him.

In aloud applauses, he then put the ring on her finger. Aww...So sweet!

In my astonishment, I quickly turned to James, hoping for an explanation. He smiled and said it was actually a proposal for academic wedding. Albeit it's not a real one, the boy's courageous act still amazed me.

~ Old College - 10am - Heading home ~

On my way back home after lecture, while waiting for the red man to turn green, I spotted a Kenari on the waiting lane. A white guy was driving it.

I was once told by Mr. Andrew (a funky chemistry teacher) that Kenari was voted the ugliest car in the UK at 2004. Maybe that guy wasn't aware of the poll.

So far, I have only seen Malaysia's cars like Wiras and Iswaras here.

*By the way, Academic Wedding is an event in Medical school at which every student got to choose someone from their batch to marry to, in order to have kids next year. Freshers by next year are allowed to choose which family they want to get adpoted to. And the cycle continues on every year. All fathers&mothers-in-law (1 year older senior) will be invited to the wedding too to witness their children's marriage. Oh yeah, polygamy and homogamy are allowed!! *

Seems to be another good reason for me to buy dress from JN!~
^Winks^

7 comments:

~ xYz ~ said...

wow.. that is ultra cool!!

when we first came, our faculty had something like a buddy program also.. but it only lasted till the end of the session. nobody cared who were the parents and siblings after that.. =( sad

Adelynn said...

haha that academic wedding thing sounds damn cool...never heard of anything like that before...
And shi ying, if you want to buy the dress, just buy it! don't use this as an excuse!! =P Oh and yea, that dress you tried, there is a similar one that is blue with silver flowers. Not as nice though, coz the flowers don't stand out that much

WhiteFox said...

XY: But I haven't got a partner to marry with... So are you joining that buddy program and have kids next term? Hehe..

Adelynn: Hahah, sounds like a very good excuse to buy the dress, eh? Maybe that was the one I saw and wanted to tell you. But nowadays I'm SOOOOO busy with my revisions that I have no time at all to go Ocean Terminals. And I'll be leaving for home soon after my exams, dun think I've got time to buy it... :{

LiempehH™ said...

well. yeah..mine too had the buddy program..but after the 1st week or so, the buddies all went 'hilang'! imagine if they were 'parents', wah..sure can sue for childcare negligence one! hahhaah!!

~ xYz ~ said...

sy: haha for us u'll automatically become someone's parents.. the only thing is that you get forgotten right after the introductory session ends. =D

WhiteFox said...

Zhuangli &XY: Hahha, ours aren't so serious too. It's just that ppl feel 'shiok' with the wedding idea and i think no one will be serious with their children next year. My parents dun really care for me too. But we do remember who are they. :p

Our wedding will be held in a pub but I think most Malaysians here aren't so enthu with it. Maybe the med sch committee should pair us up instead.

Jennifer said...

OI shiying. go pubbing with me lehhh. ooh. malaysians not enthu. hehe. but i'm a singaporean. SO GO!!! marry matthew too! :):)