Saturday, May 13, 2006

Changes in myself

Due to a request from a friend to check if she'd wrote me any testimonial before, I've to check through my friendster's homepage. And after browsing through them, what I felt was the so much changes in myself.

Most claimed I was chatty, talkative, noisy and crappy. But, I've quieten down alot after coming to Edinburgh and most of the time, among my peers, I wasn't the one talking anymore.

People in medical course generally realise that they themselves are smart and capable than the average. Most of the time, people can't wait to present their ideas and thoughts. I reckon I used to behave like them before I came here. But now, I felt 'no point' to fight for an oppoturnity to talk in a group. Everyone is concerned only with their own opinions and no one will actually listen to others' thoughts unless it is a complement for them. People say listening is a good skill to learn. And environment shapes a personality. I believe it's the people around me that changed me.

Apart from that, I am getting lazier too. Somewhat, I find no motivation and inspiration to study. I need a goal in my life!!!

And I used to be a shopping freak, I'm now no more at that and I just realised that I've not been shopping at all for 3 weeks. What a record! Sometimes, I wish I could have my shopping kaki-s with me. It's always nice to have someone to whom I can always tell my excitements when I've bought something new, listen to what I want to buy and also, help me solve my dilemmas.

Here, I've learned cooking too. Surprisingly, people here thought I used to cook alot back home. Weird! Last time, I always think cooking is such a 'aunty' activity. But my perceptions had changed or rather say that I-don't-mind-being-an-aunty after I found out Brits foods is nothing more than pizza, pasta, salad and soup! Luckily I wasn't placed in the catered hall!

Today... I was told as well that I've learned how to sweet-talk of which in the past, I wouldn't! Hmm...Really?

3 comments:

Adelynn said...

Who said you didn't know how to sweet talk?? =_=

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: Someone who wasn't used to listen to my sweet talking. But did I really don't sweet talk in the past?

Adelynn said...

haha NOoooo!! you can sweet talk very well ok!