Saturday, May 06, 2006

Exam-induced Disorder

This time....seriously... I'm dying....before I learnt anything about how to save the others and could actually do it.

Isn't medical school suppose to teach me how to save people and try to preserve as many lives as possible?

But why is it trying to kill it's own students instead?

Exams is coming in 10 days time but we still have lectures going on with a completely new module to learn. And after that Bones&Joints module ends, the med school happily tell us that we have got 5 days study break to revise on our syllabus which actually comprises 3 main modules - Cardiovascular, Respiration, Bones&Joints. Why can't they just shift the B&J module to next sem or give us a longer study break? Really don't understand these exam boards ppl... if they are too free, why don't they spend their extra time joining the national protest to fight for a better pay deal....at least will do them some good than thinking up methods to torture us. * @#!*#@&#@%#%*

Sometimes I wonder if it's just me thinking too much. When I was studying for Cardiocvascular module the other day, about angina and arrythmias, I feel I have got all the symptoms for these two disorders as described in my notes. Chest pain, breathlessness, fast heart beat...etc.

A few days later then, when I was studying respiration module, I concluded that I have restrictive lung problem because I can't seems to breathe in properly and inflate my lung. Whereas now, while reading through Bones and Joints notes, I can't avoid thinking I might have Rheumatoid athritis for some reasons I do feel some stiffness in my finger joints once in a while especially nowadays I have been typing so much in front of my labtop .

I hope I am not going mad!!!

Any presciption for this disorder? Anyone?


5 comments:

Adelynn said...

Study hard ok...then you can advise me better on my never-ending health ailments.

~ xYz ~ said...

i know! they're always like that.. exam coming still we have never- ending labs, essays, reports etc etc. plus lectures at 9 everyday!!

how could they.. ?!!

i really miss kdu times already =S

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: I hope I survive through med sch in d first place in order to advice u in d future..Haiz..
U study hard too!~ I need someone in future to plan my $$$ for me too!~ Heheh!~

XY: Exactly, missing those KDU days when we can wake up late and can relax although we did complain bout it last time, eh!~

My lectures are at 9 everyday too!~ Stupid them..

Anonymous said...

I prescribe pizza, dvd and beer, lots of beer. Works for me at least.

WhiteFox said...

Anon:
Saturated fats + alcohol = Atherosclerosis+MI+lung cancer+obesity+osteoporosis.

Heheh...All d best in exams to you!~