Friday, May 19, 2006

Lost and not found

Last paper is finally over. I should be beaming with joy, but I'm not. After coming back home from exam, to my great sorrow and disappointment, I found something at my window has gone missing.

IT WAS MY BAMBOO!!!


This is how it looks like. (taken on the day I bought it)

Immediately, I ran to the window. And what I could see from there was just shattered pieces of vase lying on the ground. Impatiently and quickly, I ran all the way down again with the great hope of finding back my favourite bamboo! However, I search all over the place and the bamboo was nowhere at all in sight! Speechless and felt like crying...indeed I was.


To: My Dear Bamboo

By the time I am writing you this short message, you could probably have been in a new master's hand, or perhaps in a dustbin awaiting for the fate of being discarded. I don't know who have taken you away but I am seriously upset of not being able to have you back.

Do you know that I was just thinking of changing new water for you after my exam this morning before I left the room?

I could still remember how I bought you from Ikea on the second day of my first arrival in the UK and the reason why I bought you. That time, I was feeling homesick and lonely sitting alone in a totally unfamiliar room at a faraway land...

I actually planned to keep you with me throughout my five years here.

Maybe something just wasn't meant to be. It's always when one has lost something, then only will the person start to regret of not cherishing it at the beginning. Even though I've not been taking well care of you, but I was indeed glad and contented seeing how you've had beautifully grown up this year.

Everyday I wake up and open my curtain, I'm always glad when I see you standing so proudly in the sun. But, sad to say, tomorrow I can't feel the same again....

Regards,
Your master

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haiyoyo....y ur bamboo will drop down from the high???somebody push it? or it commits suicide? hahha...

ohya....luckily bear did not drop v it together, if not, i will be very sad too...haha...

lets grieve for ur bamboo for 5 minutes....

1


2


3



4


5




Amitabha....hahha

WhiteFox said...

Haiz...Dun remind me of that bamboo again...