Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New purpose in life?

After one week of boredom, my kind friends who couldn't bear seeing my ceaseless sufferings, had finally decided to end it for me.

Yesterday, they called and claimed that they have found a new purpose in life for me, and I don't have to continue moaning for my boredom anymore, at least for the 5 coming days. My hope was soaring high, k. I thought finally they are enlightened to not work anymore but to give me some company.

friend: 'oi, u feeling bored at home right? Guess what, We have found you a job!!'
Me: ' huh -_- '


Their boss, who owns a sushi shop and a interior designing shop (I don't see any connection between these two business actually,weird) needs a 5 days flyer distributor at his temporary booth set up at a local furniture exhibition fair.

Luckily it is an indoor job and I don't have to stand under the hot sun. And since my crappy friends have gone to Genting for a week holidays, and since I have nothing to do at home, haiz...I agreed to take the job.

After I put down the phone, only I realised I forgot to ask about the pay!! I can't be blurer than that. Immediately, I called them again and asked. The answer was:
RM 2.50 per hour

What the... That's like what, 30p? And given I work only 5 hours a day, my pay per day is gonna be only RM12.50 and 5 days will only give me RM62.50..... *speechless*

3 comments:

WhiteFox said...

Chill chill. It's just a normal rant post. But so far I found the job ok, althought the pay isn't high, but at least I have someone to whom I can talk to. Not so boring compared to sitting at home.

^_^

Adelynn said...

Shi Ying : you really went for it? Hmm, the pay is pretty low though rite. I think McD's pay higher than that also
>.<

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: Yeah. I have been working 2 days already. Today is the 3rd one. Exactly same like what my aunty said, better work in McD. I dun really mind in fact cause I'm not working for the money but to waste my time. And since all my friends are there and it's a 5 days job, I dun really mind...

But 5 days later, I'll be jobless again.. ^_^