Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Extra Degree

In Edinburgh other than Medicine course, I also take up another two subjects. Well, they are rather relaxing courses but one thing, students taking these two subjects will be assessed monthly based on the coursework. And the results will be sent to our place at the end of every month. It's always very exciting to get our score back to see how we have improved.

So, it's end of the month again. And the results again, found their way to my flat.

Reluctantly yet nervously, I open them up one by one. Getting back exam results is always anxious. During primary school days, kids like meals with one sausage and two eggs which aligne together make a beautiful 100 score.

So, I checked the results for the first subject. This subject is a bit different from others, instead of the usual 100, the maximum score we can achieve is 500. This time, I knew I didn't study hard, I seriously don't mind being punished to fail this subject badly. 40? 60? That's okay. Even zero also I don't mind. If I fail, I will become very motivated to study for my coming medical exams, I'm seriously lacking that. Okay. So, I opened up the letter, quickly scan through all the nonsense and, my eyes were caught at the total. Guess what? I didn't know I was so hardworking! My lecturer - Mr Visa always thought I am a genius. He gave me a flying colour score! A beautiful 3 digits score which almost hit the perfect 500. Oh well, I must have work hard this month without I myself realising.

Then, I moved on to the other results slip. This one, I seriously put in lots of efforts and I did try my very best over the month to improve the results. I opened it slowly. Praying hard that I can get as high score as possible. While holding the paper wide open, I dare not stare straight into the total. I peep... "hmm, how many digits leh? Plssss don't fail me..." at least 3 digits score please... To my extreme dissapointment, my marks is only of 2 digits.
See, I knew it! I knew! I knew it all the while! I'm never in my lecturer - Mr. Bank's favourites' list. He has been disliking me for quite a while. This is the time he shows his true colour... Haiz, what else can I say? What a letdown!


"Oh my dear JPA, shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more LOVELY and more..." (forgot dy)



Just in case you have no idea of what I'm talking about, the two subjects I'm currrenly enrolled in: one is creditcarding, the other one is scotlandbanking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah..interesting blog...kekeke

Adelynn said...

haha why jpa? ££ not in yet also....you gave me false hopes, when i saw that line, i straight away opened the online banking thing =_=

ccjj said...

haha. hope that u score more on banking subject nx time. 500 for creditcarding is just excellent, dont try to score more than that.