Thursday, April 06, 2006

My Standard Breakfast

Ever since I am back in Edinburgh from Italy, I tell myself no more bread stuffs in one month time for I have had so many Paninis (Italian sandwiches) in Italy and am very sick of them. I never like breads but in order to survive in Italy, I can only choose either pasta or bread. And since bread is alwiz handy... I have no other choice. Argghh....

Easter holidays is meant for revisions... but I am simply too lazy to start laying my fingers on my books or notes.

And everyday, I eat only 2 meals, good way of losing weight huh!

Breakfast I called it, is the 1st meal of my day. I usually have it btn 2-4pm for I only wake up at around 1pm. Due to the absence of my gonna-be hsemate, (she's away for hols in Amsterdam), I have to eat breakfast alone.

I have decided not to waste much time on preparing breakfast and I have been eating the same stuffs for almost a week. Simple and easy.

















Just in case you are wondering what my breakfast is,

From L-R
- potato salad & coleslaw & tortellini (angmoh
wan tan) with Pesto sauce;
- tea in the cup;
- half boiled eggs in the bowl,


It takes me less than 10 minutes to prepare them.
So ppl on Msn, if i say I need to go prepare my breakfast, I won't be away for long and will be right back in the most 10 minutes time.

Standard procedures everyday.......

1st minute:
- boil water
- put 2 eggs in a pot
- place the pot on a hot plate, turn the hot plate on

2nd minute:
- pour hot water into the pot, and leave it for 5 minutes. Only 5 minutes, no more than that, or else the eggs will become hard boiled and taste *Yucky!~


**************** While waiting the eggs to boil ****************
3rd minute:
- Take out a teabag(try Tetley, it's nice), put it in a cup, add a bit of sugar (not too much, I am watching my diet carefully nowadays, so I dun put on weight anymore), and pour in hot water.

4th minute:
- Prepare another pot, pour in hot water. Throw in Tortellini (it's a kind of pasta, I called it angmoh wan tan with cheese and ham fillings. I love them)

5th minute:
- It takes one minute for all tortellinis to float on the surface, take them out.
- Add a spoonful of Pesto sauce and mix it well with tortellinis.

6th minute:
- As for the Potato salad and coleslaw, I dun make them, buy them from Tesco. Take out from fridge and it's ready to serve. hehhe...

7th minute:
- Eggs are done.

8th minute:
- Yummmyy yummmyyy...it's me enjoying my breakfast happily in my room... ;)


Easy isn't it. *Grinz*

7 comments:

WhiteFox said...

Krystalyn: Have u heard of this quote? Dear God, if you can't make me thin, please make my friends around me fat. Hahah..now u know why I always make you feel hungry. ^Grinz^. Will cook for you if you are here in Edin.

Adelynn said...

OMG last time when you recommended tortellinis & pesto to me....i tried it...and it's a bit disgusting la...hehe

and ohhh I got the same cup in blue! haha Tesco Value cup... =P

Adelynn said...

and that is definitely a good quote. That shall be my life's prayer from today onwards. =)

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: Tortellini is nice la. Maybe you bought the wrong type or a not-so-nice brand. You may try my standard breakfast when you come to Edinburgh next week. Heheh..

Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog huh ! I agreed with ur fren saying dis blod looks more like a cooking site....Granny recipe to simple n nice breakfast ~ humph i gonna franchised it soon..LOL.
ehe..me too feel so tempted to taste the "angmoh wantan". Do bring some bek 2malaysia let me taste anyway..keep update ur blog with more SECRET recipe ~ haha

Anonymous said...

hey!!
ahhhh, i dun like ur breakfast!!!
they look so disgusting..man...
coleslaw..half boiled eggs(be aware of influenza virus!!)...tea..wat a bad combination!!
nv tried tortellini b4, mebbe u shud prepare sum for me when u are back!! btw, i hate cheese as they cause me to haf increased bowel movement..diarrhea....sigh

Anonymous said...

walao....how can it be so many comments for ur blog......hehehe...since so many comments liao...then no need me to write liao lor...u n tat piyo sama one....testi hav lots liao stil call me to write....n u is comments hav lots liao still call me to write.....haih...
anyway....i feel tat tis breakfast is super disgusting....eikkkkkkkk....except tat egg.....
haiyo....dunno wat nian nian de things there...n the color oso so geli...eik.....
luckily ur stomach dun hav eyes....if not...ur stomach sure let u vomit out all ur breakfast de......so geli....eikkk.....
lazy to write sommor liao lar....
tata