Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Holidays - Part I


This is my first Easter Holidays. It was definitely AWESOME, BEST, CHUN-ted, MARVELLOUS, and UNFORGETTABLE, but sadly, there are 9 hours more before it officially ends. This easter holidays is ranked the best of all despite it is only 3 weeks in duration.

Have just checked my EEMeC (Edinburgh Electronic Medical Curriculum) and it shows:
Semester 2
Week 12 Monday 17 April
09:00 - 09:50 Introduction An overview of the module
12:10 - 13:00 Lecture The extracellular matric


Only medical school has lectures after easter and before the exams in May. I still have to wake up early, attend lectures and study whereas my flatmates Sarah is enjoying her stay back in France, Lindsay is relaxing in the flat most of the time and Lauren is planning where to go in Scotland with her parents who are coming next week....Argghhhh.... Feel so cheated. Why doesn't med course has the same holidays as other courses?

Lectures always start at 9a.m and I had missed almost 75% of them. Somehow I'm just not a morning person. However, my yellow coloured 'Learning Objectives' sheets can do better than those Starbucks or Coffee Bean or Espresso or Nescafe. Read through them yesterday night in order to have a better understanding of what am I supposed to study for the coming exams. And I found that I can't even finished reading them in a night, not to mention the contents of my curriculum.

Tomorrow is the start for a new module, 'Bones and Joints' after 'Cardiovascular' and 'Respiratory'. I have made up my mind. This time I'm serious, to wake up for lectures every morning so that I can get 'educated' in lectures and when exams come, I have lesser to study on my own.

I have finally started with my revision. In fact, it is not even a revision but a 'learning' session instead because most of the contents I have read so far have only came across me for the first time.


To be continue....

No comments: