Thursday, April 06, 2006

I Belong in London???

You Belong in London
A little old fashioned, and a little modern. A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.No wonder you and London will get along so well.
What City Do You Belong In?



I came across this quiz in my fren's blog. She belongs in Rome, what a lovely city.

Whereas me, it says I belong in London. Sounds so stupid to me. London is alwiz a place I dislike the most.

Crowded shopping places, jammed roads, bad air quality, noisy environment, super-fast-pace subway, unfriendly ppl...etc. Went down to London a few days ago after my Italy trip. It wasnt the my 1st time there, was there twice before this.

Before I applied to come to the UK, everyone tells me that I definitely belong in London, the reasons given were nth more than London has many clubs which suit me as a 'clubber' , many shopping streets which will be my paradise as a 'shopper'... haiz...Never like London, I alwiz tell myself it's the last place I will choose to live in. Although I do shop a lot but I am definitely not a 'clubber'. But I dun deny the subway system in London is simply too great and brilliant; and London definitely has a great variety of food.

Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland seems to be a better place for me, although it might be a boring city at times. Has fallen in love with Scotland at the first sight, the first time I was here in Glasgow for my interview in it's Uni.
Scotland seems like the place I longed for since I was a kid. Snow mountains afar, green lawns, small cottage-like houses, beautiful bagpipes music in the wind...

Edinburgh is definitely a beautiful place despite my complaints about it at times. Begin to love this city. It is spring time now and the sun is still shining brightly at 4pm. In Malaysia, we have sunset at 7pm, but here, to my surprise, sun dun set till 8.30pm. In Winter, it was crazy, sunset at 2pm. For someone who is a sleeping pig like me, I dun wake up till 1pm during the weekends. So when I pulled open my curtain at 1pm, I only see sunlight for one hour before it turns dark again, how scary it was. And ppl usually get SAD which is the seasonal affected disorder that associates with depressions during the shift of the seasons. Luckily I din get it.

BUt spring time is lovely. Feel rather Malaysia though, and there are flowers all over the grounds. Heheh..before this, I was actually thinkning if I could spot one or two rodents popping out from the ground, gnawing some seeds. *grinz* BUt dun see any so far. It's just me in my own fairyland again.

Time for meals. Hope I can do some work today.

I have many unfinished tasks atm:
- Triumph in the Skies series, it's a super cool series about Pilots and was filmed in Rome
- Clear up my table
- Vacuum my room

And to-do-list
- Watch Gladiator
- Read Angels and Demons
- Read Wisley
- STUDY

Hope today is a productive day.

2 comments:

Adelynn said...

When I come, which is like soon....remember to show me triumph in the skies too...I can't recall anything about Rome in there...

And anyway, London's tube system is ancient. Apparently the don't believe in installing a lift or escalator in ALL the stations. How not disable friendly...and so un-adelynn friendly too.

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: Triumph in the skies is definitely a cool show. I bet you will like it. I am still watching it. Not yet finished. The feelings is really different when you have been to the actual place and after that you watch it in show.

Yeah, walking up and down the stairs is super-tiring. Dun worry, Edinburgh has no tube or any metro. ^GRINZ^