Sunday, April 23, 2006

GHOST in my room!!!

I always hold on to this principle, if I were to live alone with no roommates or siblings in my room, no point frightening myself or make my imaginations go wild at night by watching horror movies.

It was yesterday night, I was forced to watch a horror movie by my flatmates.

After the movie, I came back to my room and as usual, I stayed up late. I took out my notes. Trying hard to focus my mind away from all those scary scenes.

Pssssseeeee....Hssssseee....

Suddenly, I heard some noise. As if some 'creature' is moving, wiggling through bushes, and making some hissing sounds. The noise petrified me for a moment. I tried to sit still.

Pssssseeeee....Hssssseee....

Again, I heard it. The moving, wiggling sound. This time, I heard some heavy breathing sound too. No mistake! It was REAL! It came from my room!

Could it be... eeeerr.... A snake? A person? Or worst still, A GHOST? Nonono, it can't be. A snake can't climb so high up to my flat, even a person will find it too difficult sometimes. A person can't make him/herself invisible to me in my room for it's size. A ghost might sound too ridiculuos. But it could be true though since Edinburgh is well known for it's haunted city. But please, not a ghost.

Holding back my breath, I looked around in my room.

Nothing!!!

I plunged myself back into my chair again, in front of my labtop.

To my SURPRISE, I noticed the sound came from my labtop!! Oh no, what could that be. After scanning through my taskbar at the bottom of my screen, I found no program that can actually make sounds to be audible. It was only EEMeC, Microsoft Words and Wordweb.

I was again terrified. Don't tell me it is the Sadako in the Ring trying to crawl out from my screen...EEEwwww...too scary to imagine!!!

To ease my mind, I decided to find someone to talk to on MSN or Skype. MSN had no one. So late at night. Skype might have someone in Malaysia whom I can talk to. When I opened my skype. Something caught my eyes immediately.

I freezed again. Soon after that, I burst into laughters. Guess what I see?


This is the 'creature' that make me jumped in the middle of night. Blame it for Skype auto pick-up calls function!

History shown that she called me when I was watching movie in my flatmate's room. Skype picked her call up automatically. And she waited too long and felt asleep. The 'hissing' and 'wiggling' sounds were actually from her body's toss and turn and her blanket's rubbing against the bedsheet. The 'breathing' was from her too.

The next morning, in the lecture, my friend was actually complaning about her noseblock at the night before.

Hmmm.....Maybe Skype should come up with auto hang-up (if owner's not in front of com) function too! :p

3 comments:

Adelynn said...

HAhahahAHahaahAHahha
eh I don't think there are snakes in UK....or so that's what I've been told...
omg...who was that? pei pei?

Anonymous said...

confirm you are a mugger...doing acid-base CAL in the background i see!! :P

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: Hhehe..I think snakes hibernate during the winter and since it's spring and summer now, they should be active again..!! I spotted some flies in a few days ago. Scary.

HS: Suppose to study one la, haiz, but ended up still zero knowledge for it!~ HELP!~