Sunday, February 10, 2008

Medics Ball 08!

Yeayyy, we're all half way there!!! ... on the 5 years journey of becoming a doctor at 2010!

It was the half-way ball I attended at Caledonian Hilton at the cost of 45pds! but it was all worthy, sooooo much fun!!! Count me in for the 5th year graduation ball! I'm definitely going again! Let's pray I can get to 5th year smoothly. =P
ALL READY TO GO, after 2 hours of decorating myself.
and my conclusion was: 做女人好麻烦,好累! seriously.

有时候,看似简简单单的一件衣服,几件首饰,其实都是女孩子们花尽心思的悉心打扮。相信这样的心情男生一定不能体会!所以男士们,在舞会上还得别吝啬于您的赞美!=)

I was so jealous of the guys in my block. they were all so quick with dressing up, even those wearing kilts! Hereby, presenting 3 fresh hot Teviot guys who can get ready in less than 30 minutes...


hahahaha, and James said he was looking on BBC for instruction on how to wear a kilt.

is that what BBC taught him too?


On our way there, we picked up Jenn and we were there on time. Hall was already filled with guests. WOW! everyone was looking so posh and classy with champagne in hand!
Amidst of all hotties, I found my twin...


pearl necklace, full black tube dress, metallic clutch, don't we look alike? yeahlar, other than she looked wayy more gorgeous, being taller, thinner and with long hair~~ =)

During champagne reception was our pictures taking time! How many times we get to dress up like these and attend a glamourous ball in med school right?


Next was being seated in the dining hall. I so like the atmosphere and deco in there. The settings was an ace, something I always thought will only come true in movies or dreams.

while waiting for the dinner to serve, we tablemates took a quick pic. apparently the waiter that took this for us had mild hand tremor. see, we all looked so blur.


.


.


.


Starter: tomato soup


me and Mr. Flatmate


I definitely look uglieee in the following pic, the only reason I put it up is to show off my bracelet. hehehe.


Main coursE: erm.... let me recall the name, corn-fed chicken breast, with thyme flavoured juice, risotto and aubergine or tomato. it was kinda good! but only if it comes in bigger portion, hahaha. my appetite is growing! tsk tsk.




After the main course, Jenn and I moved ourselves upstairs to the powder room. and on the way, we met Mr. Piano...

hahaha, I know you gonna say something.

next on, met Stephanie the hottie!!! So so so pretty, do u believe I used to stare at her in awe during first year PBL... haha, sounds lesbo right?


and Kat Joseph's definitely another hottie in med sch!


Dessert that came next was a quick step to heaven! chocolate mousse with vanilla ice cream. YUMMMMMMIEEEE! Too bad I have no pic with me. (will upload later on when Clem send it to me)


So, what's next??



It was the fun fun fun ceilidh time! another round of pics taking with newcomers who came in only for the after-party!

Ceilidth是苏格兰的传统舞蹈。很难想象在先进发达的英国,苏格兰民间竟然还流行着这样朴实的舞步。苏格兰人一定是个简单快乐的民族。当欢欣的苏式音乐开始响起,一大群男女分成两个排列,互相对面,轻松的打着手拍子,脚踏着节奏,跟着愉快的音符开始勾着手,交替的舞蹈。男士们穿的并不是西装长裤,而是唯独苏格兰才有的格子布裙。而女孩子也都把脚上的高跟鞋拿了下来,赤着的双脚,漂亮的晚装...顿时让我有错身在中古世纪,仿佛猎人们开心的领着准备过冬的猎物回到村子,大家兴高采烈的围着火堆手舞足蹈的感觉。

alamak, we both looked too ... aikz. no comment lar. =P

after a fantabulous night, finally got home at 1-ish. so famished and exhausted! but it was reli all fun fun fun fun. last few bits of camwhore before changing back to sleeping clothes..

Mr. Neighbour


Fellow flatmates

and my most favourite of the night!~


okie! time to sleep. tomorrow is all about getting back into the real world with the usual hospital and lectures routine! all in all, this weekend was double triplet quadraplet of fun!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

继续用您自然强的中文写布格落!我是分丝。哈哈哈。新年快乐诗颖!

Anonymous said...

where got thin la. fat. :(

WhiteFox said...

matt: haha, ur comment is cute la! yea, i wil try. mayb you shud try writing up in chinese too.

jenn: watttt? u claimed ure fat??

~ xYz ~ said...

hahaha... shiying if you're fat the whole world is obese!!! =D


ps: long time didnt leave comment d horr.. you look all well and good and still thin!

WhiteFox said...

XY: wei... no la. c my face, it's now round in shape d! last time was so much thinner lo. haiz, fat on face cannot hide one lerr.

haha...yupz, havent seen u in a while, ur seldom update ur blog these days tooo, muz b too bz wif ur travellin stuffs rite? =)

~ xYz ~ said...

haha.. more like too busy with playing around and rushing for deadlines. i'm sure you'll have SO MUCH fun in spain and prague! =)

WhiteFox said...

XY: haha, life's like that la when it comes to routine. knowing stuffs r there to be done, but alwiz lazy to get started and only find other stuffs interesting. ;)

u been to spain b3fore right? hehe,i'm going to dig out your previous post n read bout it.

~ xYz ~ said...

haha.. i didnt really blog much, i only put up pictures.. too lazy =P

but nvm.. i can see your post after your trip. ;)