Saturday, February 09, 2008

Chinese New Year is here finally...

and I'm now happily listening to the happy-merry-jovial cny song...

hello people!!!

恭喜发财,万事如意,年年有余,心想事成!!!

yu-sang from buddhist soc potluck!

This year is probably the year with the most FOOD!

Look:
CNY 1st day, 1st dish: lobster mee


Starting from reunion dinner, we flatmates had Hot Pot - two soup bases, lots of fishballs, seafood esp sotong ( my favourite!), mees, etc. 50 pds in total! ganas! Tell you wat, Next time, if you have only 50 pds in hand, and you thought of getting rid of a person, don't bother hiring someone to kill for you (well, 50pds wun be enuf anyway). Just buy food! Lotsa food! throw at that person, can at least get that person well-injured. Thats when we realised how much food we can get with 50 quids, we both were sooooo exhausted to walk home from the chinese store. okok, rants aside.

On a happier note, it was a good gathering, probably the last home-based hot pot we have, as next yr all of us will be living with someone elses already.

Next day, CNY 1st DaY! Instead of angpows, card games, we had a 3rd-year-dinner in the Saigon. Sama (my Maldive's classmate), Suz, Me

Food was niCe! Too bad i got no pics with me now. recently I'd give up taking my own picture - so much of the after-effect of having to grow rounder n rounder on face.

See, smile becomes less confident, eyes getting smaller too.

Okok... back to the dinner, yea! so we had lobster, fish, chicken, rice, oysters, etc.

and the only imperfection was no dessert!! what a pity.


Also, another highlight of the night: Some of my classmates came in cheongsam! Oddly, to own a cheongsam has never occur to me. Probably bcoz of my aunty's brainwash for years, since young she kept telling me cheongsam is what she's going to wear on my dearie cousin's wedding occasion. Makes me think it's an aunty thing, or maybe tai tai la. But theirs on the dinner was cool! never thought cheongsam can look young too. =)

Fatt-choi (hair-look-alike-vege, to bring wealth) with oyster

Today, CNY 2Nd day. Lecture resumes. and I WENT! Got my 2nd medic hoodies, in RED! I thought it suits cny theme. =) Went shopping with Rachel afterwards, for medics ball accessories. She's probably the best person in Edin I can find, to shop with lah. I ended up buying myself so many unrelated stuffs, at least 4 pairs of earrings and some bracelets. Those newly bought accessories kept me well occupied for a few hours, simply by organising and rearranging them. hmm...I think I'm really a earring person. Staring at them can make me happy, somehow. But again, I have no idea myself if I'll actually wear them at all. Haha, but who cares!



see that black one? i so lurve it!


Tonight, we had buddhist potluck too. one of the best potluck so far, in terms of food varieties. everything taste so nice!! got yu sang, dimsum, duck, sushi, char-siu, chicken, dong fen, etc etc. To those that din come, haha, be regret! yummmieee! ^_^

LOU AH!!! as high as we can .... let's all be prosperous this year!


.


.


.


On a melancholic note, something unhappy happened today. I wasn't quite happy obviously. I think I'll not blog about it for now and leave it till next time, if I can still remember by then. *_* not good to spoil the cny mood afterall right?


Tomorrow, cny 3rd day. Medics ball! My first ball ever. and it's to signify that we'd come half way through the journey in the 5 years med school. So erm, another 2 and a half year more before graduation. To be frank, initially I was quite up to it. But today, I lost that mood. Strangely, it suddenly occur to me that attending it seems more like a task to complete rather than something am looking forward to. maybe bcoz these few days had been busy with gatherings, mere exhaustion. my stamina is declining!!! I shall see how it goes tomorrow...


as I blog along, I can hear my stomach starts to rumble. going upstairs to eat pineapple tart Pei and me made yest. hehe, thats all for now. HAPPY CNY everyone!!!




p/s: pictures courtesy from facebook. thanks Jenn, hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello twin.
am sleepy. hehe
goodnight!
xxx