Wednesday, February 20, 2008

hearting respi =)

of all the modules since 1st year, I always dislike Respiratory system the most.
and so, when i was about to start the respi rotation 4 weeks ago, not at all i was keen at finding myself enthusiasm and motivation.
yea so, Simpson became my tutor, with a group of over-enthusiatics batchmates in my year (wei, they're very very enthu wan lor, never did i met anyone who self motivate to go wards every morn with the aim of at least talk to one patient a day, hoho, ganas right?)


it's weird how passions can be contagious and people's attitude can also change the way we perceive things.
or maybe it was because, with the least expectations, always come the great end-results.
haha, don't get me wrong, exam hasn't start yet and my results's still an unknown! what i meant was, because of my group, because of Simpson,
I actually LIKE respi and begin to ENJOY it!


for the very first time, I realise clinical thinking can be so systematic,
interviews can be so organised,
differential diagnosis have to be formed immediately after asking about patient's symptoms,
examination is not only about finished doing what we have to, instead to pick up signs to rearrange the order of differential diagnosis' list,
then, order appropriate investigation to rule out possibilities,
and finally nail down a diagnosis...


these could be smth too simple to be known by most medics, yet this's my very first time to actually understand them... to see lights in so many things i was taught to do but not really knowing how to tie them up. =) =) =)
sometimes, days can seems to be satisfying, even though it's only about understanding small little stuffs.


this is quoting Matt, good teachers are everywhere and they do inspire people. yeah, i guess true passion can always affect people around, in a very good way.


oh actually, I heard Simpson isn't very well generous in portfolio's marks and professional skills grades. hohoho, gooood luck to me!


oh well, to him, I could be a weirdo in the group who always fail to amuse him with jokes or spectacular response to his words, unlike others. and everytime he tells joke.. erm, I can laugh la if really want me to, but to say something in return, err...don't think so la, not that I don't want to, but really don't know what to say. could be culture difference, could be different in mindset, whatever it is, most of the time, I only smiled and keep quiet.


anyway, i do heart my tutor, he's such a charismatic n good teacher =) =) =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for quoting me haha i was quite sleepy n made that random comment lol. keep up the good work in respi shiying, u seem happier when u work cos u also have so many stories to share afterwards :)

WhiteFox said...

haha, i thought that comment was reli good!

haiz, portfolio starts 2 make me hate respi. i don't heart it anymore, blah.