Friday, June 23, 2006

Deepest Condolence

When time is up for one to leave this world, there will be no warning.

Three days ago, when I woke up and checked my sms, I received the news that my cousin's husband has died in a road accident on that morning. Banged by a lorry, he died on the spot due to excessive blood loss. I wondered how his feeling was at the moment right before he died. He must have got lots of words to tell his wife, his children, his parents and his friends. But, he just had no chance.

I still remember a few years ago, when she, my cousin being the first one to get married in our family, how we, the younger cousins talk about her loving and caring husband. Then, one year later, when they have their first boy, how we discuss of what name were to be given to the lovely baby. A few years later, the second girl was born. Always a happy family of four whenever I see them. The lost is really hard for everyone to accept, especially for my cousin who is only at her late 20s.

Life is really short, no one is going to know what is going to happen tomorrow. I feel we come to this world just like coming for a trip. It's always a one way trip and there will be no turning back. I can't imagine how would I have felt if I were to leave this world leaving behind things undone and dreams unfulfiled. We come, we learn how to live our life, how to love, how to give, how to take, how to bring joys to everyone around us, leave our footsteps in everyone's heart, and when time is up for us to leave this world, there'll be no warning and guess by that time we just have to let everything go even though we have thousands and one reasons to not want to leave. Perhaps when we have something in mind, we just need to do it as soon as possible, cherish the time we have, and don't really need to care too much for others' words and opinions as well as being indecisive, as for maybe 10 or 20 years later, all these won't matter anymore.

Today is the funeral, I send my deepest condolence to my cousin and her husband's family.

1 comment:

WhiteFox said...

MY: Thanks alot. I shared her sorrow too. Hopefully she can get through it soon and raise her two lovely children well in the future. Life is really unpredictable. We really shall cherish the present.