Friday, August 29, 2008

Here comes the weekend Again!

.... my Friday came yesterday.

razz

at least i would like to think so.


first, it came the end of old age psychiatry in the Royal Vict. 2 weeks of attachment, excellent excellent tutor, well he's not even my tutor, my actual tutor didn't really care at all, he's just a 'part time' psychiatrist there. im grateful, indeed. the intially seemingly daunting psycho topics aren't that scary anymore... afterall quoting him, for all the psychiatric symptoms none of them are not present in normal people, psycho patients are merely having the more extreme versions of the common traits, n these are just out with the norm range our society can accept. those words are wise enough to get me off worrying about myself is actually a psycho person. confused ...im being nerdy. but it was overall very enjoyable. not to mention my silly partner n his silly jokes. i guess if it weren't bcoz of him, 2 weeks in the old age hosp would be drop dead boring. biggrin


then it was yesterday again, went for an orchestra.... my first formal orchestra!
if i knew performing in an orchestra is such a coool thing, i would have learned piano properly since the very beginning! too bad, too late now. the girl who played the piano in the orchestra was sooooo chun! not only pretty in face, but her charm.. gosh! if i were guy, she will be my top choice. this world is just filled with so many perfect people.... talented, humble, good looking, charismatic. overall, it was an enjoyable evening. although being a music noob like myself, i won't say i know how to appreciate the actual essence they were playing, but the 3 pieces they played were simply too good to have even a noob's mind completely blown away. good relax, good times, good reward for myself after 2 wks of hardcore psychiatry. cool




sorry, photos are abit blurry, for the signs said no photography allowed. we have to do it discreetly. lookie at the last photo, that old lady's expression and me. haha, Classic eh!

then later, it was visiting a friend's flat.


Alex preparing thai curry for midnight supper.

there's this website we were talking, http://www.videojug.com/tag/food-and-drink. go n have a look if your ideas on what to cook for dinner tonight is running out. the thai curry we had from the recipe there, was a big yummy yum. wink

Clem

...my new flatmate. recognise that big grin! it's always plastered on his face.

moi in a taekwando head shield.

recently it occurs to me that the days I have, to spend here isn't that long anymore. by the end of next month, it's gonna be 1/3 of the 4th yr completed. how quick! another 1 and a half yr more, I probably won't have the chance to come back here anymore to live. seeing how many friends of my age are already going home and starting a new life all over, my time will come pretty soon too. when times are in abundant, we tend to take things slowly and thought we have the 'next time' to do it. It striked me recently that, there seems not so many 'next time' left anymore, whilst I still have so many things I want to do before I leave here for good.


4th year has a good start. I'm glad for the decision of having a change in environment. Clinicals and hospitals seems more enjoyable now. People are nicer, things are easier to learn. I'm glad I pulled through the whole 3rd year of depressing clinical pictures. for the first time, choosing medicine as a career doesn't seem like a bad choice.

No comments: