Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekends come and go...

It's Friday again. One week down and 2 weeks more before exams. Although , Matt (my flatmate) and I we are both in the same locomotor rotation; he seems much more busier and has been spending almost 8am-5pm everyday in hosp. WHereas me, duno y everyday like nothing much to do wan. Most days, my alarm rings at 12pm. Next, brush teeth, change, 2 half boiled eggs; then out to catch the free bus to hospital. Carefree n leisure. =)

consequences of having too much free times

Today is quite an exception...

8am-4pm in operating theatre. That is like erm....8 hours. 2 arthroscopes (got Megan and I so fascinated!) and 3 hip replacements. Bcoz didn't sleep whole night yesterday, I seriously thought I'm going to faint in theatre. Luckily 2 cups of coffee managed to pull me through. No wonder angmohs need their daily dose of caffeines to keep them functioning...

And when we were halfway through an operation, the patient came conscious and started talking to nurse. To my horror, I was expecting him to scream his head off for the pain, but oh well, he didn't of course. His lower body was still anaesthesised. Our consultant Mr. Wade told us when he was working in the States, their operating theatres usually prepare a phone next to patients in case they woke up halfway and no one is free to entertain them. They can call their frenz, family or whoever they like.

What if one day u receive a phone call from your fren, in the background it was all the drilling+ screwing+sawing noises and your fren happily tell you he's having his hip replacement in progress. CrAzy riGht? Haha. But still, i thought it is quite cool lar.

Another thing, surgeons here don't need food! Just a cup of coffee or two can keep them working from 8am to 4pm dy, like our consultant. Mr Wade is very nice. But I felt quite bad for not doing well in his sessions. Like today, scrubbed in for a hip replacement. He was being very nice to explain me lots of stuffs during the surgery. But then... people here when they put on masks, most of the time can't really get what they say. Haiz. So having to be polite, I thought the best way is to nod courteously each time he finished talking. Feel very stupid one lerr. So each time he talk talk talk, pause... I quickly smile a bit and nod; once in a while, added in 'Alright, alright... I see'. Don't know he got ask me any questions or not. If got, I give him this kind of response, he confirm think I'm super weirdo dy. Aikz, but never mind lar. Won't be seeing him after this week dy.

Weekend is here again. This time must really make full use of it, starting tomorrow.


Now: 4.42am. going to bath...

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hi
i luv the flow of ur blog, straight forward and interesting!!
Keep it up

Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

the red shoe so so only leh....
hehe