Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Pretty Day

We learnt plastering and suturing today! Sooo good! Feels like real doctor job, really.

We were taught to plaster someone's limbs. I used to imagine it being done by mixing cement powder with water in a bowl, then simply glue it around arms with a brush and wait for it to harden. What really surprise me was that, the white cement actually comes in a roll form, just like any other bandage wool roll. The cement roll melts when being soaked in water, and the next thing to do is simply wrap it around patient's arm and wait for it to harden. Smart indeed! I always see people walking around with the cemented limbs, never thought I get to make one by myself, fUn fuN!

Next was the suturing lesson! Absolutely love it, although I did a pretty crap job. Hehe. We were taught how to hold a scissors the surgeons' way, poke through skins, tie knots and lastly, stitch up the wound! Despite we were given only fake sponge, that looks like human's skin to try on, but it is really of lotsa fun! La la la la, I'm on top of the world.....=)

~~~~~

new shoes for hospital

Note: I seriously think feet shrink in cold weather.

This size 5 heels from home become idiopathically loose here, it is no longer wearable. On the other hand, weirdly, my feet fit pretty well in size 4's shoes here.
~~~~~

new found love; best snacks!

Initial plan was to pack sushi for lunch for hosp tomorrow. But, lazy la. Eat plainly taste nice too!

Before getting back to work on portfolio case, this is a picture taken when Eve and I were randomly walking on Princes Street.

Just 1 minute before the rainbow, it was raining cats and dogs. And the next minute, rain stopped completely. We've got mad weather here.

Edinburgh is lovely.

So do you, dear. Talks with you are like my daily dose of apple that keeps me going everyday, feeling healthy and contented. =)

2 comments:

Adelynn said...

HEY SHI YING! don't tell me u don't know that msia sizes are US sizes....and UK sizes are different from US sizes. So if you're a size 5 in msia, you wear a UK 3/4 :D

WhiteFox said...

wei, you are mad la! Given i didn't update for ages dy, really din expect anyone will come by and read my posts. And you actually wrote in comments a day later? Seriously, I'm touched.

Oh yea, the shoe size thing, reallyyy? I din know at all!

so... does it mean my feet din shrink at all? or it is actually my size 5 shoes that shrinks?