Saturday, October 07, 2006

Dice night

This evening, a friend corrected my mistake for saying mooncake festival instead of Mid-autumn festival. To my astonishment, I never thought I can actually forget a word that has been with me for more than 20 years. I guess that's common among people who has been living faraway from home and own culture. =)

The celebration here was bigger than I thought. 3 main Asians societies combined and held a big event, but weirdly, in a church. It was an enjoyable night though, with an interesting dice game I seen only once in Pirates of Carribean. Their punishment for loser was a highlight. It's something that got me absolutely amazed. It was a liquid that smelled like kerosin in a green bottle with printed mandarin characters indicating 55% of alcohol. Goodness, that's worse than Whiskey's 40%.

Tempted to play, I started. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side. Counting odds and probabilities isn't my field too. Not only did I lose badly, also got forced to swallow that awful drink for many rounds. Bleeuek!~ Luckily, my very kind si-fu, Vince drank them all for me. Hehe. Towards the end, we weren't losing anymore but poor him, I guess he was too drunk to go home.

Think my flat too will soon have some dice to play with since Pei's addicted and is quite inspired to buy them. Hehe, it's really a great fun!

Many feelings are buried deep down inside most of the time. Sometimes for too long till their existence have been forgotten. Not until one day, when certain familiar settings come in and make it resurface again, only did one realise how long it had been left untouched.

No comments: