Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Singa-pura

Have been here in Singa-pura to keep Piyo in company for almost a week already and my life here is nothing more than having only night life. Don't get me wrong, clubbing and drinking my night away ain't our cup of tea. It's mainly because we two piglets only pull ourselves out from the bed everyday at 3 or 4pm .

Pretty late right?... haiz, I know.

Normally, it takes us another one to two hours to stone in the living room before the 'planner-of-the-year', Piyo starts to think up of what to do for the day. Our 'daily-ambitious-yet-most-are-never-carried-out plans' are always very interesting as it includes go Sentosa, have BBQ, go temple, shopping in Orchard, see geylang girls, disturb Changi's ahgua(transvestite), check out haunted places, make Sushi......the list goes on. And usually when we have got ourselves ready, the shops are starting to close too. Now you see why we always never make it on time and we can only live night life after 10.

I feel Singa-pura is such a nice city to venture out at night.
No car on the road, no traffic jam, no crowded places and nice weather! I must mention here that I think Piyo is so like a vampire or maybe was a vampire in her past lifes that she hates sunlight so much and is only willing to step out from house only when the sun starts to set. In fact, it doesn't bother me too much since I don't really mind going out at night with her. Her company is always the greatest! ^Grinz^

We usually drove around the island just for fun and to travel from one end of sg to the other doesn't take longer than 2 hours.

Interestingly, I realised something from Singa-pura's night life.
1. Ben&Jerry is everywhere! Can easily find it in almost every petrol station and any supermarket. Haven't bought any yet though.

2. No milkshake in McD. They don't sell any milkshake here and I start to wonder if only Malaysia's McDs sell it. :o

And also because they don't have 'mamak' culture here, Singaporeans like watching football matches in McD and some branches are opened 24 hours. During the WC season, we concluded that, good boys go McD, happening guys go pubs, old uncles go kopitiam, and lazy ppl stays at home. :p

3. Highway speed limit is 90km/h (110km/h in msia). Haha. No wonder Sg's cars always like to exceed highway speed limit in Msia.

4. Nasi lemak is green. I don't know if this happens only in certain areas or only at those places I so happened to go for meals; I have seen nasi lemak green in color in 3 places already. Hmm...weird.

5. Cornetto's blackforest flavour is fantabulous!!! Wonder if I can find this flavour back in Msia...hmmm. Didn't really notice this flavour since I was never a great fans of cone-icecream till now.
*Yummyyyy*
Guess I'm going to grow soooo fat here because of this. That's also why we haven't buy any Ben&Jerry so far.

2 comments:

Adelynn said...

I don't mind going out at night also, if there wasn't some sort of physical restriction in my house. >.<

and McD's do sell milkshake in UK too, so i guess it's not only msia.

WhiteFox said...

Adelynn: There's still restriction in your hse? Not for only a week?

Is it? Too bad McD in Edin isn't really near to my place. I shall try it next time. So, Msia's one taste betta or UK's?