Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Elective!

Hey, I'm on elective! it sounds happpening eh! teehee. My elective is in one of the few city countries in the world, Singapore!

I don't know why i'm so excited since this is not the first time I'm here in sg, it's already like a second home to me after all these years and i attribute these happiness to the very very nice family i'm living with atm. Whats more to ask for when every evening you can come home to an uber warm house with the company of the lovely childhood cousins and the aunt who will prepare one full table of dishes awaiting us.

I must say I really enjoy the homely feels, when you can always hear familiar voices chatting away in the background and you know you are never alone. After all these years of living alone, I guess I'm pretty afraid of the deadly silence in the background. it's like when you are not talking, all you hear is only your own breathing and some noises from the streets that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

For the first 2 weeks in the SGH, I was absolutely excited and looking forward to the wards and patients every morning. It is certainly fun to do medicine in your own languages. Motivation needed to wake up at 6.30 every morning and left at 7am, in order to be at the ward at 8am was certainly high quality and level. Never did I do that straight for 2 weeks in the Burgh. urghh! but i'm not complaining, instead I absolutely loved it! would there be a chance that I can come here at work at some point in life? hmm. future will unfold by itself as we go on. we'll see.

So, this is the 3rd week into the elective already. I can't believe it, this is Sooooo quick! can't blif there's only 5 weeks left before I'll be back in Edinburgh again, and this time, for the real deal, FINALS!! ok, better not think about that first.

Let's see, so one week left. Me cousin and I just decided that we haven't do most of the things we wanted to do as per our original plan. As you can see we were pretty much enjoying each other's companies at home everyday after work mainly eating, laughing and bantering. seriously, if you're with the right company, even a shit hole can be a lovely garden. thanks dearie for everything and ur super mum too!

hehehe, so from now on, there's going to be lots of last minute activities in sg as next Sunday, it will be the Ho Chi Minh City already, a city where everyone gives me the advice that I should close my eyes to cross the roads, otherwise you will never be able to reach the other side. oh well, adventurous la.

we went shopping today. ha! i think this shopping thing is really mood dependent. if you're in the right mood, somehow you will see lots of good stuffs in front of ur eyes. so, yeah, productive indeed. bought a pair of heels which i can't stop staring at. it has been awhile, mmm... 2 years perhaps? since I last saw a pair of shoes I really really love.

and it's been a while too, since i last felt so good with my life!

No comments: