Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Electives

2009 is gonna be a very bankrupt year, i figured. Elective in Sept/Oct is going to cost a bomb. For some reasons i'm not particualrly looking forward to it anymore, because of this major compulsory project of the year, I'm cancelling most of my travelling plan this year just to save up enough for it. That's the price to pay for trying to live independently financially from parents. On one hand, it's a bit of struggle yet on the other, it's just going to be another growing up process I guess. So no more Paris, no more Egypt, no more Ireland and no more Turkey. =(

I've submitted an application to the UM medical center and hopefully it's a yes from them. Whereas for the remaining month, I'm still contemplating between India and Australia. India has always been my top choice. But Dad was very reluctant to nod head after the various recent bombing incidents in the northeast india. I'm still going to send in application forms as planned.

Dad suggested Australia as a safety net choice. Hmm, I'd never really fancy going to that world most poisonous island for my elective and plus, the application fees and living expenses are quite high if i were to go to major cities.

St. Vincents Hospital remains the only hope now since it's Melbourne yet cheap and affordable. It's kind of strange that their elective co-ordinator is working on a part time basis and because of that, despite many attempts trying to catch him in the office by calling them up, he was never in the office. A lady mentioned he's coming back next week, so i'm going to try again, hopefully it's never too late to apply yet. If it's a yes from aus, i guess i'm just going to give up india, no point making Dad stressed for me for a month when i'm in India. Atm, I'm just praying that this attachment thing can be finalised as soon as possible and I can quickly settle down with a secure place in mind and start booking flight ticket.

Right, boring thing aside. To make the previous post slightly complete, this is going to be a quick summary of 2008. Physically, i grow rounder but not taller. Emotionally, it was a long and complicated roller-coaster ride, but thankfully things finally ended on a pretty pleasant note. There wasn't much memories from the first half of 2008, but second half was urmm... can i say colorful? Well, kind of good. Details in the next post, hopefully. I think I'm stopping here before it's night time again and I've to come up with a non-productive day.


Happy New Year people !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for youг informаtion – І've definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm aԁding this RSS to
my e-mail аnd could lοоk out for a lot moгe of уour respective еxciting content.
Make ѕure you update thіs agаin
very soοn.

my webpage :: internet marketing firm dallas