Monday, June 02, 2008

Nothing beats a good breakfast

Back to those school days when I was little, eating breakfast really isn't a habit. The most I could swallow every morning was none other than liquid foods like oats or 2 semi-solid half-boiled eggs. That's also when I got told by my mum if I take no more than 2 eggs per day, cholesterol won't be something to be worried about, besides it also gives protein to build good brain.



Sunrise in Brussels

This 'eating liquidified breakfast' habit... sounds like dysphagia to me now though... hmm... had not change until college years in KDU, where no one'll made me breakfast of my likings in the morning anymore. Therefore, foods in college canteen like fried mee, keow teoy, nasi lemak had slowly transformed me into eating solid breakfast.


Whereas in uni days, breakfast isn't something that trouble me too much, because either I've no time to eat at all or I'll just wake up in the noon and have lunch straight.



Muffin sitting on my laptop desk

Recently... I'd developed a strange habit of eating breakfast of which I guess has very much to do with the early morning sunrise at 4 or 5am in the Burgh that made me unable to stay in bed as long as I used to. Unlike back home where breakfast is as simple as a car ride away, making breakfast to feed myself and sometimes Matt had since become something new...



Baked potato. Simple, easy, nutritious!

throw into oven, wait for 1 hour, take out, cut and top with tuna mayo - one of the easiest choices during exam days!




hmmm... and once in a while, plate would be sacrificed.

due to my poor physics knowledge, after this plate got took out from the oven together with the potatos, immediately I run it under cold water. see! the next moment, it just broke into several pieces. scary.




the next commonest Teviot breakfast - Fusilli or the 'screw pasta', also Matt's all times favourite. Our flat used to store the biggest fusilli packs that Tesco sells, the 3kgs per pack ones. hmm... abit too ganas.


However, still nothing beats the forever love!



Char Kuey!

hoho, finally get to eat it after such a long while!

but the things that matter most was, it came with a dad's efforts of sayanging her daughter. Because of jetlag, I'd been staying up since 2am this morning. and Dad, has a tuition class to run later in the morning, purposely got up earlier than usual, took his motorbike out and came back with this pack of my favouritous char kuey and told me to go to bed after I ate them

=) =) =)


Gotta say it's always good to be at home ;)

4 comments:

zhiyuan said...

awwww poor plate ... >< you broke it .. sob sob ...

dont do it again ok? and dont cut yourself too ...

Janice Ong said...

I agree --> Nothing beats a good breakfast. You guys always make me hungry by posting good stuffs on your blog, ggrh....

Anonymous said...

hohohoho
very very soon , i will be coming back to eat up all your breakfast already..hehehe

WhiteFox said...

Zhiyuan: haha, no worries! din cut myself during the cleaning up luckily..

Janice: this one first attempt for food post. hehe, thanks for ur support.

beebee: wei, u dun come bek la. i can oredi picture u will wake up earlier than me purposely, then finish my breakfast, then go back to bed. shoo shoo...go away!