Monday, May 14, 2007

听妈妈的话



This post is for mum.

You used to force me listen to you and for once, I thought you brought me into this world simply because you want to have someone to control. You used to make me do homeworks eveyrday and for once, I thought you like to see me suffer. You like to sing, and you used to sing out-of-tune but thats what I felt asleep with as a kid. You like to read newspaper, and thats how you have stories to tell me everyday but thats also how you get too paranoid sometimes thinking I might end up like the next victim mentioned in the paper. But hey mom, don worry we know how to take care of ourselves!

You like to cook, and you are a bit adventurous, but perhaps because you don't have much opportunity to try out something new in the outside world, you always experiment new things with our food. By adding in something different in the food, your dishes always end up becoming something abnormal and we don't have other choices but to eat them up. You always tell us your fatness is for now and because you just gave birth to that two little girls. And given another few more months, you can be as thin as me. Even dad has nothing to say with that. =)

You used to tell us to not try too hard if we can't understand what the books say, and must GO TO SLEEP! Haha, you are the only mum, so far I know of, that says such things to their kids. You always don't want daddy to eat oily stuffs and snacks for his high cholesterol, and thats why daddy has to quickly eat them up when you are out to shop. You like Chinese Medicine and is always keen to know about diseases. I am not too sure for others, but I'm sure you can always find the best cure for our illness. Just go to you, tell you our symptoms, the next moment you will come up with something for us to eat and if nothing goes too wrong, we are cured within a few hours. You tried to persuade us to learn Chinese Medicine. But because we weren't too keen, you end up asking daddy to become a chinese-sinseh after he retires. Haha.

That's you mum. You can really make us laugh. Happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

yafu 雅福 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yafu 雅福 said...

hahaha...
ting ma ma de hua...
logn time no see ur mum also...
miss her also lah~
haha...

ccjj said...

haha. the mtv is so funny..... that kid n jay chou. although i only understood 30% of wat it says.

happy mother's day

WhiteFox said...

Yafu: Haha, my mum will miss you too. And your home longan. =)

Chris: Seriously i think the mv is a bit weird too, with jay chow keep on singing in front of the boy. hehez. it's a nice song with great lyrics! Can try to get the translation one day when u've nth much to do =)