Saturday, September 09, 2006

9/9

Last year, this day, hecticly, anxiously and elevenhourly, went all da way to KLIA and left for the boring-yet-scenically-gorgeous Edinburgh, leaving behind family, frenZ, lover-ed (past tense I mean), nice weather, yummy foods ... etc.

Today, will be leaving this land soon again for the 3rd times, yet I'm completely slacking all along leaving behind stuffs un-buy, food un-eat, dishes un-learn, luggage un-pack ... etc. What a contrast.

4 months of summer hoLs! Being the earliest to come back and the latest to leave as usual, strangely however, I don't anyhow feel I'd already live here for 4 months, more like 2 mths instead. Guess most of my days were spent pigging oiNk-oInK away. NOt a productive hols, I know....
.
I'm not complaining though, for da lessons I'd been through, either bitter or sweet, were all too precious and worthwhile to be kept for life. Life moves on, people come, people leave. Some leave without a word, some leave expecting a word from you, some don't even notice they are leaving, some leave without having a choice (my deepest condolences to my cousin's family with 3 demises recently). Fate decides it all. Things always change too soon before our realisation. Like some parents leave before their child know how to behave, lover leave before we show them how much we have for them in heart, friends leave before we can laugh our heart out together (wish a fren well who'd been diagnosed with cancer last week).

I begin to appreciate a never outdated law religion has taught us
"live life to the fullest, be thankful, and do cherish for all we have today,
leave tomorrow in God's hand, with faith." .... =)

Ohh ya...I learn something interesting today!

If any of you still remember, in chinese culture, crow is always been intepreted as a bad omen whereas a swallow is regarded highly as a sign of prosperity and happiness. In chinese weddings, people like to put swallow emboideries on like pillow case or bedsheet to symbolise long lasting happiness wishes to the newly wed couple. However, things turn otherwise in scientist's eyes. Crow is proven the most filial birds for they bring food back to feed their aged parents in the nest without fail, in contrast with swallow that can't wait to fly away straight after it has got wings fully developed and won't usually come back again! I thought chinese emphasise on family bonds? :p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight back! Nice bit of info about the crow and swallow!

~ xYz ~ said...

u going back d?? so fast...??

haha and i didnt know that bit bout the crow too! =D

WhiteFox said...

Haha, thanks. Thank god, it was quite a good journey back here without much hassles as I expected. =p